The Cla-Val Model 50-48 Back Pressure and Check Valve is a hydaulically-operated, diaphragm actuated, globe or angle pattern valve. It is available in various materials and full range of sizes. It consists of three major components: body, diaphragm assembly and cover. The diaphragm assembly is the only moving part. The rugged simplicity of design and packless construction assure a long life dependable, trouble-free operation. Should the diaphragm become damaged the valve will fully open.
The 50-48 Back Pressure and Check Valve is used in many types of piping systems requiring back pressure and relief operations.
- Opens rapidly for maximum relief protection
- Maintains constant upstream pressure to close limits, and maintains preselected pressure during periods of low demand
- Controls surge created by the starting of a pump
- Modulates to maintain constant back pressure
- No packing glands assure leak-proof service
- No lubrication required
- Tight sealing single seat